[dm-devel] setting up a device section

Kevin Foote kevin.foote at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 16:14:13 UTC 2006

All

Ive been working on setting up our multipath environment over the past few
weeks.
I have things working with multipath / failover as they should. Im trying
now to setup an
actual device section (using our defined hardware) within the
multipath.conffile. Previouisly
I just went with the default setup and things worked however, Im wondering
if I can get more
fine tuned with setting up an actual device section.

Am I thinking about this correctly? WIll this give me a better setup in the
future. and if so
are there docs on what HW I can create a device section for? Our current
setup is using an
equallogic psXXX iSCSI device for storage I have only seen reference to
NetApp and HP stuff
will others play nicely? And if this is not documented what entries within
the device section do
I need to get stuff rolling?

Thanks for any help. This dm-multipath stuff is cool :-) I love being able
to power off a switch
and still see the disk access work.

--
:wq!