[dm-devel] Next set of device-mapper patches

Singh, Santosh (STSD) santosh.singh3 at hp.com
Thu Jun 15 14:52:02 UTC 2006

Hi,

  I am applying the device mapper ioctl patches(as mentioned in the mail
below) in  order as given in the "series" file on linux-2.6.16.16. I
think the patch is not being applied ,since it prompts many times e.g

patching file arch/alpha/kernel/smp.c
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]

After applying the patches, I tried to build the kernel but it fail with
the error.

arch/i386/kernel/ptrace.c: In function `do_syscall_trace':
arch/i386/kernel/ptrace.c:675: warning: passing arg 1 of
`audit_syscall_exit' makes pointer from integer without a cast
arch/i386/kernel/ptrace.c:675: error: too few arguments to function
`audit_syscall_exit'
arch/i386/kernel/ptrace.c:724: warning: passing arg 1 of
`audit_syscall_entry' makes pointer from integer without a cast
arch/i386/kernel/ptrace.c:724: error: too few arguments to function
`audit_syscall_entry'
arch/i386/kernel/ptrace.c:730: warning: passing arg 1 of
`audit_syscall_exit' makes pointer from integer without a cast
arch/i386/kernel/ptrace.c:730: error: too few arguments to function
`audit_syscall_exit'
make[1]: *** [arch/i386/kernel/ptrace.o] Error 1
make: *** [arch/i386/kernel] Error 2

Whether any one has tried this ioctl patches provided by Alasdair or
used the "quilt" to apply all the patches to linux kernel.

TIA
Santosh