[dm-devel] [RHEL 4 U2] Recommended blacklist for Sun X4200, V40z

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 15:40:05 UTC 2006

I'm running RHEL 4 U2 (device-mapper-multipath-0.4.5-6.0.RHEL4).  I have a
multipath.conf which uses the compiled-in blacklist.  I also have specified
device entries specific to certain EMC arrays in use (see attached
multipath.conf).  The majority of our hosts are HP Proliant with cciss local
disks and they are blacklisted appropriately.  When I use the same
multipath.conf on a Sun V40z or X4200, multipathing is not working and I
believe it's because the internal disk (LSI Logic / MPT Fusion RAID) is not
blacklisted (see attached multipath-v3.out for details).

Is there a recommended blacklist entry for these hosts?  Can I blacklist by
vendor ID instead of device?

Thank you.

/Brian/