Re: Fwd: [dm-devel] IO error on DM device

Hi,
So based on the comments below and steps to reproduce, I'd say this is expected behavior since multipathd is turned off. What happens if multipathd is left running? It is implied that not stopping multipathd will still cause a failure but will take much longer. I am no expert on multipathd, so perhaps one of the dm developers can comment on multipathd handling these SCSI error.
Unfortunately I've seen these errors occuring with an EMC CX attached to a single host, which was running multipath, too. It happened very, very rarely and just completely random. I didn't find any way to make it reproducible.

Best regards,

Bernd