Re: [dm-devel] dm-multipath has great throughput but we'd like more!

The system bus isn't a limiting factor is it? 64-bit PCI-X will get 8.5 GB/s (plenty), but 32-bit PCI 33MHz got 133MB/s.

Can your disks sustain that much bandwidth? 10 striped drives might get better than 200MB/s if done right, I suppose.

Don't the switches run at 2 Gbits/s? 2 Gbits/s / 10 (throw in 2 bits for protocol) ~= 200MB/s.

Could be a bunch of reasons...

 brassow