[dm-devel] Re: patch to CLARiiON path checker to handle inactive snapshhots

Christophe Varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Sun Nov 12 23:38:16 UTC 2006

Le vendredi 10 novembre 2006 à 18:02 -0500, Edward Goggin a écrit :

Ok, I aknowledge this approach is far more complex than your 1st
attempt.

If I read correctly the two candidate patches, the clariion checker need
to share information with the other path chechers attached to the same
multipath to decide for a state to return.

If so, let's pretend another checker might one day stress the same
need :)

What do you think of a facility like the following (completely untested
and surely semi-bogus) patch sketches ? Would it make your patch as
straight as your first attempt ?

It seems to take care of our griefs with "container_of" and the
clariion-centric additions to "struct multipath".

Anyway, I'm sorry for keeping you walking in circles there.
Regards,
cvaroqui