[dm-devel] RE: patch to get_refwwid() inmultipath-tools/libmultipath/configure.c

Edward Goggin egoggin at emc.com
Tue Nov 14 02:40:33 UTC 2006

I messed up the patch a bit.  Apparently dm_get_uuid() can
return a zero without actually having found a dm name which
matches the name parameter.

Also, I changed dm_get_uuid() so it either returns 1 or a null
string in the uuid return parameter -- in 2 different cases
it was doing neither.

The <dm_device_name> qualifier for the command line
"multipath -ll <dm device name>" can now accept up
to 3 different names for the same dm mapped device,
that is, a user friendly name, an alias in
/etc/multipath.conf, and the current name as
reported by "dmsetup ls".  Is this OK or should
we enforce that only the current name as reported
by "dmsetup ls" is acceptable if the mapped device
already exists?