[dm-devel] Re: Problem booting linux 2.6.19-rc5, 2.6.19-rc5-git6, 2.6.19-rc5-mm2 with md raid 1 over lvm root

Tejun Heo wrote:
Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
The failing kernels (I tried -rc5, -rc5-git6, -rc5-mm2 only print :

%<----
device-mapper: ioctl: 4.7.0-ioctl (2006-06-24) initialised:
dm-devel redhat com
md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
md: autorun ...
md: ... autorun DONE.
%<-----

(I didn't bother copying the rest of the failing kernel dmesg, as sata
initialisation fills the first half of the screen, then dm is initialised,
then you only get the logical consequences of failing to detect the /
volume. The sata part seems fine – it prints the name of the hard drives
we want to use)

I'm attaching the dmesg for the working distro kernel (yes I know not 100%
distro kernel, but very close to one), distro config , and the config I
used in my test. If anyone could help me to figure what's wrong I'd be
grateful.

Say 'y' not 'm' to SCSI disk support.

That will probably work, but just building a new initrd is probably a lot easier. Although I thought the SCSI modules were included if built and installed if present.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen tmr com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc