Re: [dm-devel] Re: device mapper integrated loops - and one more

Hi Bryn,

Yes, dm-loop will support as many loop devices as device-mapper can allow.

fine. i assume this is >>256  !?  :)

The changes dm-loop requires in device-mapper core are pretty minor and
have already been merged in 2.6.19, so it's just the dm-loop patch
itself remaining.

ok, thanks

This should work fine - there are a couple of known issues with the
existing patch, but unless you are using large images (>2G), or have a
severely fragmented filesystem you shouldn't run into these.

i have several iso images of dvd-roms on my server which i`d like to mount loopback.
they are >2gb, so i think i wait for the fix.

I'll see if we can get a revised version of the current patch for wider
testing in the next couple of weeks - let me know if you would be
interested in trying this out.

yes indeed, that would be nice! if it isnĀ“t any additional effort for you, please let me know since i`m not on this list (too much mail, anyway) i can offer testing dm-loop with a very large number (>200) of cd-rom/dvd-images.

roland