[dm-devel] Re: New read-balancing patch for dm-raid1.c

good suggestion.  I'll look into this.

 brassow

On Oct 12, 2006, at 9:46 AM, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 10:33:14AM -0500, Jon Brassow wrote:
This patch adds read balancing.  The round-robin method is the first
to be implemented, but provisions are made for others to be implemented
in the future.

My first thought in looking over this is that it ought to share the existing dm-round-robin module used by multipath (which is already more flexible than this as paths can be weighted). It looks fairly straightforward to do this. (And we certainly shouldn't confuse people by having 'roundrobin' in one
part of dm and 'round-robin' in another!)

When we implement more complex load balancing policies, there seems little point doing everything twice, once for multipath and once for mirroring:-)

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com