[dm-devel] Re: 1st of 2 patches for dm_emc.c and dm-multipath hardware handler interface

Mike Christie michaelc at cs.wisc.edu
Fri Sep 8 17:21:19 UTC 2006

Edward Goggin wrote:
> +
> +	rq->buffer = rq->data = h->buffer;
> +	rq->data_len = len;
> +	rq->bio = rq->biotail = NULL;

I think I only suggested that you use the block layer map functions in
the previous review. Now I will say, use them and fix the core code to
not allocate memory or use a mempool since it will also fix the path
testers at the same time :) The reason is that the scsi layer is trying
to make every thing run with scatterlists. In 2.6.18, every place is
converted (they should be at least), so you should not be adding another
place where we send down a data buffer like this.