Re: [dm-devel] dm-userspace (no in-kernel cache version)

FT> Have you tried SCHED_FIFO?

Not yet, but that is a good suggestion.

FT> By the way, can you upload or post the latest kernel and
FT> user-space code?

Right now I am working on a version that still uses read()/write(),
but that does not use a remap cache (in a way very similar to what you
posted).  When I get it close to stable, I'll post it here for
comments.

After reviewing the ringbuffer code more, I'm not sure that it really
buys you any additional performance (other than 1/3 less syscalls).
The amount of memory that is copied around seems to be about the
same.  Either way, I'll revisit this after I get my current version
stable again.

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center