Re: [dm-devel] (no subject)

> Surely there is some way to tell device-mapper to leave things alone?
> I simply need four drives that I can use as four separate units - no
> RAIDing, nothing fancy, but this it seems impossible to tell the OS
> that...

Did you try blacklisting in /etc/multipath.conf?

I don't know which keyword for your setup - either blacklist or
devnode_blacklist.

Something like this should work:

devnode_blacklist {
       devnode "^sd[a-d]$"
}

_or_

blacklist {
       devnode "^sd[a-d]$"
}

To blacklist everything use devnode "*".

To verify the blacklist use the multipath command:
# multipath -d -v3 | grep sd
sda: blacklisted