[dm-devel] LVM pv blocking RAID device

Hi,

I wanted to modify several RAID1 partitions (changing the preferred
minor), which requires to

  mdadm --stop /dev/md?

before. This worked well except with the RAID device which
contained an LVM physical volume. I could not stop that contains an
pv, even after vgchange -a n  and vgexport. The RAID device is still
busy.

How could I make LVM to release the underlying device (without
destroying the contents)?

regards
Hadmut