Re: [dm-devel] Problem when creating snashots

On Tue, Sep 26, The MoonSeeker wrote:

> I'd like to create many snaphot of an image but I've got when I
> attemp to create the 32th snapshot :
>
> root B03:/diplome# lvcreate -s -L150M -n 232 /dev/openvz/vps-core
>   Rounding up size to full physical extent 152.00 MB
>   device-mapper: reload ioctl failed: Ne peut allouer de la mémoire
>   Failed to suspend origin vps-core
>
> I don't understand the error..

I'm not a native french speaker (hint!) but I assume you run out of
memory.

Yes there are limitations to the number of snapshots. For every single
snapshot we have to allocate memory for copying the chunks to the exception
store.

Do you really need that many snapshots at the same time?