Re: [dm-devel] Thoughts on removing the remap cache

FT> I guess that dbench generates relatively large size I/Os than
FT> common workloads, which is more sensitive to latency.

Right, that is what I am thinking.  However, dbench inside a domU does
not perform well either.  Even running dbench inside a domU, the
batches that the userspace daemon sees are only about 10 requests,
compared to several thousand at times when running on bare metal.

FT> Seems that Xen camp is pretty happy with blktap. So dm-userspace
FT> should be ok with domU. Maybe it's time to try ring buffer stuff
FT> again. :)

You think that the ring buffer has the potential to be lower latency
due to fewer memcpy()'s right?

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center