Re: [dm-devel] DmUserspace and the device mapper.

DS> My quesitons is: it seems that this is a good tool for utilization
DS> of CoW system images and also for native access to popular disk
DS> formats (like QEMU qcow and VMware vmdk).

That was the original idea (among other uses), although I have not
implemented vmdk, and qcow support is suffering from a bad case of bit
rot right now.

DS> My question is: are there intentions to integrate the DmUserspace in
DS> the device mapper ? are there reasons for not doing so ?

That's a good question.  It's /my/ intent to get it merged upstream :)

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center