Re: [dm-devel] Re: LVM on dmraid breakage

Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
Upstream lvm2 has done for a long time (since 2.02.00 with quite a few
fixes and tweaks after that, and one known problem still outstanding).
I can't speak for any customisation done in ubuntu or on the machine
with the problem - hence my request for full version and configuration
information.

It scans everything in /dev and all subdirectories? Wow that would be colossally slow and prone to hang. Imagine trying to access a nd device whose server is down.

In any case, if it did scan the dmraid device, it would just complain about finding duplicates; it has no way of knowing which one it should use.

Also it looks like feisty used 2.2.06 and the config files shipped in the package can be found here:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/admin/lvm2