[dm-devel] Black listing CLARiiON "LUNZ"?

Benjamin Marzinski bmarzins at redhat.com
Fri Dec 14 19:44:36 UTC 2007

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 10:47:43AM -0500, Paul Cote wrote:

>    Hi Wayne;
>
>    We're currently locked in with RHEL 4 / Update 4 (2.6.9-42.ELsmp) with
>    multipath tools V4.7.
>
>    I'm trying to make a play for a later release... but certainly would be
>    quite helpful knowing which one has the fix!
>
>    Much appreciated.
>
>    Paul

Since backporting the product_blacklist changes to RHEL4 was too
invasive, RHEL4 has it's own method of blacklisting certain products.
It works largely the same as product_blacklist.  Here is the
documentation from
/usr/shar/doc/device-mapper-multipath-0.4.5/multipath.conf.annotated

#
# name    : bl_product
# scope   : multipath & multipathd
# desc    : a regular expression used to blacklist devices
#           by vendor/product. NOTE For a device to get
#           blacklisted, the vendor, product, and bl_product
#           strings must all match, not just the vendor and
#           bl_product strings as in the upstream version.
# default : (null)

Also, have you tried not including a devices section, and simply using
the compiled in default?

What version of the device-mapper-multipath package are you using?

Thanks.

-Ben