[dm-devel] zSeries zipl on a blacklisted multipath path.

Romanowski, John (OFT) John.Romanowski at oft.state.ny.us
Mon Jul 16 12:53:00 UTC 2007

Hi,
Thank you for the response.   I currently do as you suggest: we use a 50MB single-partition boot LUN for /boot.  I'm interested in an alternative to reduce administrative hassle of using 2 LUNs when 1 LUN that includes root and boot partition would normally be enough.

If IBM could be persuaded to enhance zipl to handle multipath SCSI my problem would be solved; I could then have multipath root and multipath boot on same LUN. Now I have multipath root and multipath boot, but on separate LUNs because of the zipl disk geometry limitation.

Regards,
John

This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system.