Re: [dm-devel] Re: [multipath 1/1] cache sysfs_devices

Guido Guenther wrote:
> I give up on git-send-email - it always fools me. Nevertheless this one
> fixes the described bug of paths coming back as different block
> devices:
>
> Keep a list of sysfs devices for sysfs_device_get() so uev_trigger() can look
> up the necessary information for proper path removal in case of a 'remove'
> uevent - the sysfs files in the filesystem might be long gone at this point.
>
> This also plugs a memory leak where we'd malloc space for the same sysfs device
> over and over again for every processed uevent.

Hmm. But now we're running into the opposite trap: memory for a block device once
existing will never be freed. So over time we're likely to become a memory hog.

Better it would be to remove the sysfs device from the cache once we're done
with it.

I'll cook up a patch.

Cheers,

Hannes