[dm-devel] Re: [2.6.23 PATCH 13/18] dm: netlink

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 04:31:15PM -0700, Andrew Morton (akpm linux-foundation org) wrote:
> > > Need a dependency on NET there?
> >
> > It's really sad to make DM dependent on the network layer.
> >

> Yes, it would be somewhat sad.  However one can presumably continue to use
> DM, just without "DM netlink events".

On my machine device mapper (lvm, raid) does not work without sockets,
(maybe not dm, but hotplug, which creates nodes, or configuration)
so it already depends on it. Hotplug depends on networking.

You missed the day when everyone started to depend on networking :)

--
	Evgeniy Polyakov