Re: [dm-devel] Designing a new prio_callout

Ethan John wrote:
> Thanks for the heads-up about ALUA. We're looking into it.
>
> What is the purpose of the custom mpio_prio_* applications that ship
> with open-iscsi if not to handle multipathing?

It is. mpath_prio_* are the priority callouts for multipathing.
They determine the layout of the multipath map.
Theory is that mpath_prio_* will return the priority for a
given path in relation to the entire multipath layout.

If used with 'group_by_prio' all paths with the same
priority will be grouped into one multipath group, and
the group with the highest priority will become active.

When all paths in a group fail, the group with the next
highest priority will become active. Additionally some
failover command (as determined by the hardware handler)
may be send to the target.

Cheers,

Hannes
hare suse de			      +49 911 74053 688