Re: [dm-devel] 4k block LUN problem

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 03:17:25PM -0400, Vassar, Bob wrote:
> I have used tur and this allows the system to boot. When I run "ll
> /dev/mpath* I see the dm device created. All appears to be working OK.

So use tur then.  First problem solved.

> Fdisk also reports the same number of devices as paths to the device.

Fdisk?  Don't partition it: use logical volumes instead:
pvcreate/vgcreate/lvcreate.
- You'd need parted (gpt) rather than fdisk to partition large devices
and then kpartx.

Now run 'blockdev --getss' to check whether or not the sector size gets
propagated correctly from the underlying device to the multipath device.

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com