Re: [dm-devel] NIC and HBA based multipathing

On 11/1/07, Mike Christie <michaelc cs wisc edu> wrote:

> Yeah, the iscsi bits looks fine. You will have a /dev/sdX for the nic
> and one of the HBA.
>
> When you start multipath, multipath should then create one multipath
> device from those two scsi ones.

That makes sense.  Thanks for the confirmation.

> > I'm following the instructions on Red Hat's KB to setup the
> > multipath.conf file.  The modprobes were successful, the service
> > started, but...
> >
> > # multipath -v2
> > error calling out /sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/sda
>
> So are you asking about the errors from /dev/sda being accessed by
> multipath, or are you looking for help on adding the iscsi disks to a
> multipath device or both :)

Both, I guess.  I'm following the Red Hat how-to and I'm getting that
error instead of getting a successful output.  If there's an answer for
why I'm getting the error, or an answer for how to fix my multipathd,
I'm open to either one at this point.  :)

I attempted to put sda in my blacklist (per the Red Hat instructions)
but still received the same error message about sda (the local disk).

Thanks,
Scott