[dm-devel] NIC and HBA based multipathing

malahal at us.ibm.com malahal at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 6 22:54:13 UTC 2007

Scott Moseman [scmoseman at gmail.com] wrote:
> qla4xxx 0000:14:01.1: scsi(1:0:1:0): Enabled tagged queuing, queue depth 32.
> SCSI device sdb: 8417280 512-byte hdwr sectors (4310 MB)
> SCSI device sdb: drive cache: write through
>  sdb: sdb1
> Attached scsi disk sdb at scsi1, channel 0, id 1, lun 0
>
> I can fdisk the /dev/sdb drive and it's the SAN partition alright.

As Mike pointed out, quite likely that someone has claimed /dev/sdb1.
Maybe, lvm, evms, dmraid, ...etc. You will have to find out who claimed
it by running commands from lvm/evms/etc... OR if you don't have useful
data on it, simple zero few MB at the beginning and the end of the
partition and reboot. It may work. I am assuming that /sanHBA is not
used by anyone either (like CD'ing into it and then trying to mount).

Helpful commands: fuser -m /dev/sdb1; dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb1
count=1 bs=1M