[dm-devel] NIC and HBA based multipathing

Mike Anderson andmike at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Nov 7 05:09:25 UTC 2007

malahal at us.ibm.com <malahal at us.ibm.com> wrote:
> On redhat, there is a script (can't recollect but rc.sysinit, I believe)
> that creates this without multipathd.  You do need multipathd though for
> renaming/creating/acting on multipath events there after.

Yes it is rc.sysinit that calls /sbin/multipath.static if nompath was not
specified on the cmdline and /etc/multipath.conf exists. One could return
the /etc/multipath.conf to its original state and blacklist everything
which would be why one would not see this behavior on a fresh no mpath
install.

-andmike
--
Michael Anderson