[dm-devel] Help needed with RDAC in production environment!!

Tore Anderson tore at linpro.no
Thu Nov 15 07:33:34 UTC 2007

* S. J. van Harmelen

> See the xen and vmware disks. They both display enable / enable instead
> of active / enable. Is this correct? Or is a disaster waiting to happen?

If I understand correctly, "enabled" means something like "ready to use,
but not in active use".  The preferred PG will become active ("in active
use") once you send some I/O there.  Try "dd if=/dev/mapper/wmware
of=/dev/null count=10" or something like that, see if they go active then.

The semantics had me confused for a while too.  :-)

Regards
--
Tore Anderson