[dm-devel] Possible bug in multipathd (getting a segfault)

S. J. van Harmelen svh at dds.nl
Tue Nov 20 10:10:18 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 10:49 +0100, Tore Anderson wrote:
> * S. J. van Harmelen
>
> > When I do use a 2.6.23.x kernel with the RDAC hardware handler I get the
> > following error: multipathd[6895]: segfault at
> > 000000000000000a rip 00002b251f24394f rsp 00007fff8bfaa730 error 4
>
> This is indicative of a bug in multipathd.  It might or might not be
> serious, but I guess Christophe Varoqui would be interested in seeing a
> backtrace of the segfault in any case...
>
> Try running multipathd (make sure it's not stripped of debugging
> symbols) with core dumps enabled ("ulimit -c unlimited"), and get a
> backtrace ("gdb /sbin/multipathd core" - then run "bt full").

I just changed the subject, because this is realy another issue then
what we where talking about before.

Could you specify the steps I have to take to create the backtrace a bit
more as I have not done this before.

I run a debian etch server with a custom compiled 2.6.23.1 kernel when I
get the error.

Sander