[dm-devel] CLARiiON failover modes and DM.

Tore Anderson tore at linpro.no
Wed Nov 21 07:20:50 UTC 2007

* Paul Cote

> Thanks for all the info ... Setting the CX FO mode to 1 appears to
> have clear up the mess. One thing I've noticed after doing a dynamic
> discovery of newly provisioned CX LUNs in that path state is
> generally wrong. It will come up as [active][faulty]and to correct
> that requires a reboot of the server. Don't know if that's a bug or
> not ... But I'm not opposed to a reboot.

That's odd, never had that problem myself.  I rescan like this:

(where hostN is a FC adapter, repeat for all of them but give it some
time between iterations as you'll see paths failing for a short while):

echo 1 > /sys/class/fc_host/hostN/issue_lip
echo - - - > /sys/class/scsi_host/hostN/scan

Usually only these steps are required to discover new volumes properly,
but you can also force a rediscovery of the multipath topology and maybe
also do a restart of multipathd:

multipath -v2
pkill multipathd && multipathd

Regards