RE: [dm-devel] order of preference / multipath.conf

Stefan / Tore

Thanks … and good to know that hwtable.c entries take precedence over defaults.

-----Original Message-----
From: dm-devel-bounces redhat com [mailto:dm-devel-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Stefan Bader
Sent:
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 11:48 AM
To: device-mapper development
Subject: Re: [dm-devel] order of preference / multipath.conf

2007/11/21, Paul Cote <paul cote incipient com>:

I found this in an old thread and want to confirm as it will influence how/what we include in multipath.conf

Is the following order of preference accurate?

1) Multipaths section (in /etc/multipath.conf)
2) Device section   (in /etc/multipath.conf)

3) Defaults section (in /etc/multipath.conf)
4) Internal default (hwtable.c)

The last two (3 and 4) are the other way round. If there is an entry in hwtable.c, this will take effect.

Stefan