[dm-devel] multibus / failover and EMC CX600

Tore Anderson tore at linpro.no
Wed Oct 17 12:32:55 UTC 2007

* Hannes Reinecke

> That's the dev_loss_tmo setting. Just increase it to something to
> your liking.

Oh, sweet.  This knob won't affect how long the layer will hold I/O
before failing it (like lpfc_nodev_tmo), I assume?  (I'm worried about
it taking longer for dm-multipath to detect failed paths).

I wish it could've been set to unlimited, though.  Seems like there's
always some kind of trouble with re-adding the devices, either I run
into that -EEXIST bug, or udev doesn't do it's job properly and the
revived device isn't added back into the dm-multipath map.  In addition
it somtimes breaks queue_if_no_path with earlier multipath-tools that
doesn't use no_flush on suspend.  Those versions are of course included
in most server distributions...  Sigh.

Regards
--
Tore Anderson