[dm-devel] Multipath with 2 NICs?

We're interesting in using multipath I/O from our Red Hat servers with
our iSCSI SAN in order to have failover in the event of a switch
failure.  Our vendor gave me a product matrix and it says we cannot
use 2 NICs under Red Hat, we must use 1 NIC and 1 HBA.  I'm not
finding any clear cut explanation of this in the device-mapper
documentation, unless I'm missing something.  Are we really required
to use an HBA instead of just 1 NICs with DM?

Thanks,
Scott