[dm-devel] Question about NetLink

Mike Anderson andmike at us.ibm.com
Tue Sep 11 18:16:01 UTC 2007

Hall, Eric R <eric.r.hall at intel.com> wrote:
> First link on Google when searching for "Mike Anderson libnl":
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/dm-devel/2005-November/msg00128.html

Thanks for providing the link.

Please note that based on discussions held on this list and lkml that I
generated a patch that uses kobject uevents instead of a new netlink
channel. The url to a archive of the article is given below.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.device-mapper.devel/3949

The advantage of the kobject uevent interface is that you could trigger
off a udev rule, interface through dbus/hal, or interface directly to the
uevent socket like multipathd does.

I am just finishing up testing on an update to the previous posted patch
that aligns the calls in my patch with the updated kobject uevent
interface in the latest -mm tree. I will post soon.

-andmike
--
Michael Anderson
andmike at us.ibm.com