[dm-devel] alias multipath by fibre channel AL_PA instead of wwid?

I see that multipath persistant link options are very dependent on knowing the disk wwid. In my setup, I will not know wwid but each drive is hardware strapped to obtain a hard AL_PA (disks are on a fibre channel arbitrated loop). Is there a way to setup alias names based on this information without knowing the wwid?