Re: [dm-devel] alias multipath by fibre channel AL_PA instead of wwid?

Am Wed 12 Sep 2007 03:56:59 AM CEST schrieb David Strand <dpstrand gmail com>:

I see that multipath persistant link options are very dependent on knowing
the disk wwid. In my setup, I will not know wwid but each drive is hardware
strapped to obtain a hard AL_PA (disks are on a fibre channel arbitrated
loop). Is there a way to setup alias names based on this information without
knowing the wwid?

Not yet. But you can just write your own getuid program which returns the AL_PA ID instead of the disks WWID.

Cheers,

Hannes
---
No .sig today, my .message went away ...