[dm-devel] a few setup/control questions

I’m fairly new to device-mapper/multipath io, so please bear with me, and I hope these questions are not inane.

I’ve been able to manually setup MP configurations via /etc/multipath.conf. For example, I blacklist all wwid’s and then blacklist_excpetion just the wwid’s I wish to multipath.

Is there a mechanism to control blacklist & expections through the command like tools?

Does adding a device through the cli override multipath.conf? (i.e. blacklist/exceptions)

In general, I’d like to be able to dynamically control MP and its parameters, rather than manually editing the .conf file and restarting the service.

Regards,

Wim