Re: [dm-devel] LVM Snapshot Feature

"Bombardier, Pascal" <pascal bombardier sap com> writes:
> In your opinion, does it make sense to be able to create non-persistent
> snapshots ?
> In the case of a filesystem backup, a non-persistent snapshot would be a
> snapshot that we agree to lose in case of failure or reboot. If anything
> happens, a server administrator would have to recreate a new snapshot
> and then restart the backup.

Considering the current failure mode when a snapshot becomes 'full' (that
is, when I run out of space to remap changed blocks the snapshot becomes
corrupted) this is the only way I currently feel comfortable using LVM
snapshots at all, so personally, I think snapshots that did not persist
through reboots would be quite useful.