[dm-devel] Re: Reducing amount of logmessages openiscsi/multipath [with md3000i]

Konrad Rzeszutek konrad at virtualiron.com
Tue Aug 19 21:12:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 12:20:05PM -0500, Mike Christie wrote:

> Kees Hoekzema wrote:
> > Hello List,
>
> I am adding the dm-devel list.
>
> I think you want different settings in your multipath conf. For example
> it looks like you are using directio to test paths and you want TUR or
> the md3000i specific one which does not cause IO errors to passive paths.

He wants the RDAC hw handler and its path checker (rdac). The MD3000i is an
LSI re-branded box and is the same as the IBM DS3300.

> You also want to make sure that you are using the md3000i hw handler or
> scsh_dh_module if you are not already. The dm-devel guys can help you out.

Here is the multipath.conf he should be using for MD3000i (or for the DS3300
but will need to modify the vendor/model entry)

        # Note: The same as the IBM DS3300
        #
        device {
                vendor                  "DELL"
                product                 "MD3000i"
                product_blacklist       "Universal Xport"
                features                "1 queue_if_no_path"
                path_grouping_policy    group_by_prio
                hardware_handler        "1 rdac"
                path_checker            rdac
                prio                    "rdac"