[dm-devel] "sginfo" command failed on /dev/mapper/mpath0

NC SPIRIT ncsprite at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 16:44:14 UTC 2008

Hi, all

I have met some errors when running sginfo command to the DM device. Here is
the error message:

# sginfo  /dev/mapper/mpath0
A device name that understands SCSI commands is required
Couldn't find sg device corresponding to /dev/mapper/mpath0

However, I ever noticed that the latest RHEL would support persistent
reservation for DM-MPIO. I don't have a chance to try it yet. Anyone can
shed some light on how the PR is implemented? Currently the device mapper
pseudo device does not even respond to SCSI 3 inquiry command...

thx a lot!

Tim