[dm-devel] > Please do (at a minimum)

Igor M Podlesny for.poige+linux at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 16:07:50 UTC 2008

On 2008-02-04 22:49, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Igor wrote:
>>
>> ... and found out that it doesn't "see" my LVM-2's devices. Which way to bug
>> report it would be the best one -- http://bugzilla.kernel.org/ or what?
>>
>>    Are more details required or this would be enough?
>
> Please do (at a minimum)
>  - describe when it worked and when it broke (ie does -git10 work for you,
>    and -git11 breaks?)
>  - describe differences in dmesg in working/non-working setup.
>  - and shortly describe your setup
>
> because the "it doesn't work" thing doesn't tell anybody much of
> anything ;)

	I didn't say plain (or blank) "it didn't work", nope. "Doesn't see" is
something better, but anyway since the same problem happens with
2.6.24-mm1 as well, I have reported it to its mail list. I was given
just a bit better advice/hint there, so I think I'm closer to the
solution. Speaking shorter, probably I should had updated my own
home-made initrd before writing to anybody at all! Sorry! :-)

	P. S. Honestly I was such in a hurry just because it seemed to me that
it's quite reasonable that something was recently broken on kernel's way
from 2.6.24 to -git11, and rather unlikely it was caused by anything
else. :-) Assumption is the mother of all f*ckups, I know. ;-)

--
End of message. Next message?