[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

[dm-devel] multipath errors on first set-up



Title: multipath errors on first set-up

Hi,
I am using multipath for the first time with little joy.

 
1. The requirement was to test SAN storage on a Redhat RHEL V4 Q2.
   I have a 1 TByte lun pointed at the server from the SAN.
   The are 4 QLOGIC HBAs attached.
  
   From /etc/sysconfig/hwconf:
   driver: qla2300
   desc: "QLogic Corp. QLA2312 Fibre Channel Adapter"

2. After correcting the qlogic firmware setup (during server boot) and running ql-dynamic-tgt-lun-disc.sh ( utility from the QLOGIC website) I could see 4 new disk devices. sda - sdd.

The ouput from ql-dynamic-tgt-lun-disc.sh looks like this:

DEVICE
[H:C:T:L]
[0:0:0:0]
[0:0:0:1]
[1:0:0:0]
[1:0:0:1]
[2:0:0:0]
[2:0:0:1]
[3:0:0:0]
[3:0:0:1]

3. I installed the following rpms for multipath support ( from the Redhat site).
   rpm -ivh sysfsutils-1.2.0-1.i386.rpm - pre-req
   device-mapper-multipath-0.4.5-6.0.RHEL4.i386.rpm

4.Starting the multipathd daemon at first did nothing.

I then did some google'ing and did the following:

modprobe dm-multipath
modprobe dm-round-robin

based on some other documents I made the following changes to /etc/multipath.conf

# Blacklist all devices by default. Remove this to enable multipathing # on the default devices.

#devnode_blacklist {
#       devnode "*"
#}
above paragraph commented out

##
## This is a template multipath-tools configuration file ## Uncomment the lines relevent to your environment ## defaults {

        multipath_tool  "/sbin/multipath -v0"
        udev_dir        /dev
        polling_interval 10
        default_selector        "round-robin 0"
        default_path_grouping_policy    multibus
        default_getuid_callout  "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n"
        default_prio_callout    "/bin/true"
        default_features        "0"
        rr_wmin_io              100
        failback                immediate
}

Removed comments from above default stanza

device {
       vendor                  "COMPAQ  "
       product                 "MSA1000 VOLUME  "
       path_grouping_policy    multibus
       path_checker            tur
}

Removed comments from above device stanza for MSA1000 VOLUME

The rest of the config file is all commented out.

I ran
multipath –v3 to recreate I get the following:

[root brli036a mapper]# multipath -v3
cciss!c0d0 blacklisted
deleted rest of blacklist output

path sda not found in pathvec

===== path sda =====
bus = 1
dev_t = 8:0
size = 3906810493
vendor = HP
product = MSA VOLUME
rev = 6.86
h:b:t:l = 0:0:0:1
tgt_node_name = 0x500508b300930230
serial = PB9840PX3TF0C0
path checker = readsector0 (internal default)
state = 2
getprio = /bin/true (internal default)
prio = 0
getuid = /sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n (internal default)
uid = 3600508b300930230a7495ae1b9500074 (callout)

path sdb not found in pathvec

===== path sdb =====
bus = 1
dev_t = 8:16
size = 3906810493
vendor = HP
product = MSA VOLUME
rev = 6.86
h:b:t:l = 1:0:0:1
tgt_node_name = 0x500508b300930230
serial = PB9840PX3TJ0FU
path checker = readsector0 (internal default)
state = 2
getprio = /bin/true (internal default)
prio = 0
getuid = /sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n (internal default)
uid = 3600508b300930230a7495ae1b9500074 (callout)

path sdc not found in pathvec

===== path sdc =====
bus = 1
dev_t = 8:32
size = 3906810493
vendor = HP
product = MSA VOLUME
rev = 6.86
h:b:t:l = 2:0:0:1
tgt_node_name = 0x500508b300930230
serial = PB9840PX3TF0C0
path checker = readsector0 (internal default)
state = 2
getprio = /bin/true (internal default)
prio = 0
getuid = /sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n (internal default)
uid = 3600508b300930230a7495ae1b9500074 (callout)

path sdd not found in pathvec

===== path sdd =====
bus = 1
dev_t = 8:48
size = 3906810493
vendor = HP
product = MSA VOLUME
rev = 6.86
h:b:t:l = 3:0:0:1
tgt_node_name = 0x500508b300930230
serial = PB9840PX3TJ0FU
path checker = readsector0 (internal default)
state = 2
getprio = /bin/true (internal default)
prio = 0
getuid = /sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n (internal default)
uid = 3600508b300930230a7495ae1b9500074 (callout)
#
# all paths :
#
3600508b300930230a7495ae1b9500074 0:0:0:1 sda  8:0     [MSA VOLUME      ]
3600508b300930230a7495ae1b9500074 1:0:0:1 sdb  8:16    [MSA VOLUME      ]
3600508b300930230a7495ae1b9500074 2:0:0:1 sdc  8:32    [MSA VOLUME      ]
3600508b300930230a7495ae1b9500074 3:0:0:1 sdd  8:48    [MSA VOLUME      ]
pgpolicy = multibus (config file default)
selector = round-robin 0 (internal default)
features = 0 (internal default)
hwhandler = 0 (internal default)
0 3906810493 multipath 0 0 1 1 round-robin 0 4 1 8:0 1000 8:16 1000 8:32 1000 8:48 1000
action preset to 0
action set to 4
create: 3600508b300930230a7495ae1b9500074
[size=1 TB][features="0"][hwhandler="0"]
\_ round-robin 0
  \_ 0:0:0:1 sda  8:0
  \_ 1:0:0:1 sdb  8:16
  \_ 2:0:0:1 sdc  8:32
  \_ 3:0:0:1 sdd  8:48

device-mapper ioctl cmd 14 failed: Invalid argument
message 3600508b300930230a7495ae1b9500074 0 switch_group 1
failed


Note sure if "path sdX not found in pathvec" relevant

anyway no mpaths have been created.

I hope there is someone out there who can give me some help with this.
 
with regards,
Julian Rogan




[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]