[dm-devel] Multipath not rebuilding correctly on reboot

Benjamin Marzinski bmarzins at redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 17:21:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 07:21:19AM -0500, Greene, Rick wrote:
> I just checked one of my RHEL5 servers, and it does have udevsettle, so
> it looks like I'm stuck with my current rc.local workaround.
>
> >From what you said before, maybe sticking a sleep in rc.sysinit before
> the multipath.static is called could also help?  If so, how long a sleep
> would you suggest?

You'll probably need to experiment. Start with something like 5. If that
works, try cutting it down.

I'll try to get a test-rpm with the patch I sent earlier built
soonish, so you can try that.

I don't think udevsettle would help things anyway.  It looks like your
devices may have come online before udev was started. In that case, udev
won't handle them, which is why the multipath call exists in rc.sysinit.

-Ben