[dm-devel] Installing RHEL with single controller

Pradipmaya Maharana pradipmaya at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 18:08:28 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I installed RHEL on a blade with only one LUN and with only one controller up.
So for obvious reasons, even though I specified the option "linux
mpath" for installer, the only device available for partition was
/dev/sda/.
I letthe installaer to create default partition, that is LVM based partition.

Later, after everything goes well, I addthe second controller and then
reboot the blade, butu multipath was not configured on any of the
devices (root, boot or swap).

I modified the /etc/fstab file to mount the /boot by device id (this
was the only device that was referring to /dev/sda) and rebooted, but
still no luck.

What am I missing here? How do I configure multipath on /root.

Thanks and Regards,
Pradipmaya.