[dm-devel] NULL pointer issue in dm-mpath.c

Alan D. Brunelle Alan.Brunelle at hp.com
Thu Jan 3 15:07:53 UTC 2008

While looking at this file, I noticed:

         if (!pgpath->pg->ps.type) {
                 DMWARN("Reinstate path not supported by path selector %s",
                        pgpath->pg->ps.type->name);
                 r = -EINVAL;
                 goto out;
         }

The DMWARN will end up following a NULL pointer (as pgpath->pg->ps.type
is NULL). I have no idea how to fix this, nor if its really possible to
hit this error case, nonetheless I thought I'd point this out. (As maybe
someone out there would know how to correctly patch this.)

Regards,
Alan D. Brunelle
HP Open Source & Linux Organization / Scalability & Performance Group