[dm-devel] NULL pointer issue in dm-mpath.c

While looking at this file, I noticed:

        if (!pgpath->pg->ps.type) {
                DMWARN("Reinstate path not supported by path selector %s",
                       pgpath->pg->ps.type->name);
                r = -EINVAL;
                goto out;
        }

The DMWARN will end up following a NULL pointer (as pgpath->pg->ps.type is NULL). I have no idea how to fix this, nor if its really possible to hit this error case, nonetheless I thought I'd point this out. (As maybe someone out there would know how to correctly patch this.)

Regards,
Alan D. Brunelle
HP Open Source & Linux Organization / Scalability & Performance Group