[dm-devel] Configuring multipath for root device

Pradipmaya Maharana pradipmaya at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 20:56:43 UTC 2008

I did exactly what you said for SLES 10.1,
- Create custom partition
- Created partitions for /boot, / and swap of 100MB, 5GB and 1024MB
respectively on /dev/sda. So /dev/sda1 is for "/boot", /dev/sda2 for
"/" and /dev/sda3 for "swap"
- Under fstab option, selected Mount by device-id for each of the partition
- Reboot is fine
- But as I said earlier, mount, fstab, everything shows devcie names, not id

Any way to mount it by device-id?
Is there a way that it can be chaned after installation? Or re-install
is the only way.

Regards,
Pradipmaya.