[dm-devel] Configuring multipath for root device

Pradipmaya Maharana pradipmaya at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 02:25:54 UTC 2008

Hi All,

Thanks for all your comments, it worked for installaions on partitions.

Now the question is:
Is it supposed to work the same way if the SLES is installed on LVM?
On SLES, under fstab, I do not see any device, except for the boot
device; other entries does not have /dev/deisk mention. In such
scenario, how am I supposed to make the /root device multipath-aware?

I tried the same with RHEL, but with RHEL installed (with linux mpath)
on LVM, it seems to be working fine. Is there anything I am missing on
SLES?

Thanks and Regards,
Pradipmaya.