[dm-devel] Multipath and getuid_callout issues with HP XP1024disk array

Greene, Rick rick.greene at ncogroup.com
Wed Jan 30 12:45:38 UTC 2008

Ok, some more background first:

System is an HP Proliant DL380 (or maybe DL580?), using Emulex fibre
channel cards (don't know exact model off-hand).

Running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, update 5.

Device-mapper-multipath was version 0.4.5-21, just updated it to
0.4.5-27

There are 4 LUNs from an HP XP1024 disk array, each pathed to be visible
on each fibre channel.  LUN type is OPEN-E.

Multipath now seems to accept the longer string returned by scsi_id, but
it doesn't seem able to tell that certain disks are the same.

Attached is the multipath.conf file I'm using and the output from
"multipath -v3". If the attachments don't come through, I'll send
separate emails with just the contents for each file.

Any aide gladly received, I'm in over my head on this one.

Thanks,
Rick