[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [dm-devel] Multipath and getuid_callout issues with HPXP1024disk array



Greene, Rick [rick greene ncogroup com] wrote:
> getuid = /sbin/xpdisk %n (internal default)
> error calling out /sbin/xpdisk sda
> uid =  (callout)

It prints your getuid call as "internal default", that is odd.  That
looks like a bug if you are just changing multipath.conf. I just tested
my SLES10 SP1 system (multipath-tools-0.4.7-34.18) with /sbin/uid shell
script that contains the following two lines. The first line is needed,
do you have that in your shell script?

#!/bin/sh
echo $1

It woks and few lines of multipath -v3 output:

sda: serial = 3EL0585G00007115JK65
sda: getprio = NULL (internal default)
sda: prio = 1
sda: getuid = /sbin/uid %n (config file default)
sda: uid = sda (callout)


> 
> Run manually, it looks like this:
> # /sbin/xpdisk sda
> 0HP_OPEN-E_50060e80039c5a0400000000000000000000e100_05:83
> 
> I've tried various things with the script I wrote, including just
> spitting out the 05:83 (which is the CU:LDev values from the disk array,
> pretty much the most unique disk identifying info I can find)
> 
> Not sure what else to do.
> 
> Thanks,
> Rick
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: dm-devel-bounces redhat com [mailto:dm-devel-bounces redhat com]
> On Behalf Of malahal us ibm com
> Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 1:50 PM
> To: dm-devel redhat com
> Subject: Re: [dm-devel] Multipath and getuid_callout issues with
> HPXP1024disk array
> 
> You have two default sections in your multipath.conf file, but that is
> not
> the problem though. The scsi_id output from each path looks different,
> that is why multipath treats them as different LUNs.
> 
> Make sure you configure your storage properly or change the default
> getuid string that works for your storage.
> 
> Thanks, Malahal.
> 
> Greene, Rick [rick greene ncogroup com] wrote:
> > Ok, some more background first:
> > 
> > System is an HP Proliant DL380 (or maybe DL580?), using Emulex fibre
> > channel cards (don't know exact model off-hand).
> > 
> > Running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, update 5.
> > 
> > Device-mapper-multipath was version 0.4.5-21, just updated it to
> > 0.4.5-27
> > 
> > There are 4 LUNs from an HP XP1024 disk array, each pathed to be
> visible
> > on each fibre channel.  LUN type is OPEN-E.
> >  
> > Multipath now seems to accept the longer string returned by scsi_id,
> but
> > it doesn't seem able to tell that certain disks are the same.
> > 
> > Attached is the multipath.conf file I'm using and the output from
> > "multipath -v3". If the attachments don't come through, I'll send
> > separate emails with just the contents for each file.
> > 
> > Any aide gladly received, I'm in over my head on this one.
> > 
> > Thanks,
> > Rick
> > 
> > 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: dm-devel-bounces redhat com [mailto:dm-devel-bounces redhat com]
> > On Behalf Of malahal us ibm com
> > Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 5:19 PM
> > To: dm-devel redhat com
> > Subject: Re: [dm-devel] Multipath and getuid_callout issues with HP
> > XP1024disk array
> > 
> > Greene, Rick [rick greene ncogroup com] wrote:
> > >    I've done what I can to try to understand how all this works, but
> I
> > keep
> > >    getting "error calling out /sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/sda"
> when
> > I run
> > >    the command "multipath -v2"
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > >    I've tried a number of different things in the
> /etc/multipath.conf
> > file,
> > >    but keep coming back to this same error.  If I run the command
> > manually I
> > >    get the following:
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > >    # /sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/sda
> > > 
> > >    0HP______OPEN-E__________50060e80039c5a0400000000000000000000e100
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > >    What's missing?  Any help greatly appreciated.
> > 
> > You are not missing anything. The device id is too big to fit in
> > multipath tools allocated memory. The program incorrectly prints that
> > there is a problem while executing /sbin/scsi_id but in fact the
> problem
> > lies in the program itself. You may have some old version of multipath
> > tools. WWID_SIZE was set to 64 bytes and that is small for your
> device.
> > Get the latest version where that macro is set to 128 or so.
> > 
> > Hope that helps!
> > 
> > --Malahal.
> > 
> > --
> > dm-devel mailing list
> > dm-devel redhat com
> > https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel
> 
> 
> 
> > --
> > dm-devel mailing list
> > dm-devel redhat com
> > https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel
> 
> --
> dm-devel mailing list
> dm-devel redhat com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel
> 
> --
> dm-devel mailing list
> dm-devel redhat com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]