Re: [dm-devel] Multipath and getuid_callout issueswithHPXP1024disk array

Greene, Rick [rick greene ncogroup com] wrote:
> Thanks for the answers Malahal, you are a credit to the open source
> community!
>
> Not sure I understand your comment here, can you clarify?
>
> >Greene, Rick [rick greene ncogroup com] wrote:
> >> create: mpath0 (05:83)
> >> [size=13 GB][features="0"][hwhandler="0"]
> >> \_ round-robin 0
> >>  \_ 1:0:0:0 sda 8:0   [ready]
> >> \_ round-robin 0
> >>  \_ 2:0:0:0 sde 8:64  [ready]
> >
> >The above out displays two states for me. Maybe your version only
> >displays one.

Thank you for the kind words!  On my system, the following is the output.
Notice that the "undef" state is printed as "DM state" of the device. Maybe,
your version of multipath tool doesn't print if it is "undef"

create: mpath3 (320000004cf311021)  IBM-ESXS,ST318453FC
[size=17G][features=0][hwhandler=0]
\_ round-robin 0 [prio=1][undef]
 \_ 0:0:4:0 sde 8:64  [undef][ready]
\_ round-robin 0 [prio=1][undef]